Sing With Us!
As a singer in the AVHC you will be guaranteed fun, friends, excellent instruction, and challenging music of all kinds! You will develop your musicianship and singing skills and be part of an amazing and dedicated group of young people who love making music together as much as you do!
Auditions for next season are coming up! May 23rd - June 1st.
Download our Brochure (PDF 1.8MB)
Evening Auditions will be held:
- May 23 - Kings County Academy
- May 25 - Berwick and District School
- May 29 - Acadia University - University Hall
- May 30 - Horton High School
- May 31 - Northeast Kings Education Centre
- June 1 - Avonview High School
Note: Some schools will be visited by our conductor and the auditions held during lunchtimes. These schools are indicated on the audition registration form. Please speak to your music teacher to sign up for a time, however you still need to complete the online audition form prior to your audition and to be considered for a spot.
How do I sign up?
Register for an audition using the online forms below:
In the audition, you will be asked to:
- Senior Choir: Sing a prepared piece of music of your choice a capella (no piano)
- Junior Choir: Sing "O Canada" a capella (no piano) (In key of E Flat)
- Both Choirs: Engage in a brief musical interview, including a few vocal and aural exercises. (ie. scales, echoing rhythmic and melodic patterns, etc.)
An accompanist will be provided for you, but you may bring your own if you wish. Please make sure you bring a copy of your music for them!
Senior Choir: Annual fees for the choir are TBD.
Junior Choir: Annual fees for the choir are TBD.
Full detailed information about what exactly the fees cover can be found in thechorister handbook and will be explained in full at the new parent meeting. Information about our bursary program and application can be found here.
Need more info?