ANNAPOLIS VALLEY HONOUR CHOIR
Board Position: Marketing/Communications
The Annapolis Valley Honour Choir (AVHC) is seeking applications from interested parties for the volunteer position of Marketing/Communications on their Board of Directors, beginning June 2017.
To coordinate communications, marketing and publicity for the AVHC. This portfolio involves:
- Developing internal and external communications strategies in understanding with the AVHC’s goals, season and its accomplishments in conjunction with the Artistic Director and appointed Committee.
- Working with the Artistic Director and Committee to create a marketing and publicity plan.
- Raising awareness and profile of the choir in the community
- Maintaining Social Media channels
- Contacting Media (via press releases, PSAs, interviews etc.) to promote concerts and events
- Helping to coordinate ticket sales and the design/printing/distribution of posters and for concerts and events.
- Note: There are approximately 5 to 7 events that require some publicity for the choirs each season.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience in the field of communications/publicity as well as excellent communications skills
- Is computer literate and understands and can navigate all social media platforms.
- Wants to work with an incredibly invested team of board members, staff and volunteers dedicated to enriching the lives of the valley’s youth and building community through choral music.
- Is able to attend approximately 8 to 9 board meetings a year (historically held Sunday evening)
- Is prepared to serve at least one two-year term.
Who We Are:
The AVHC is a community-based organization that aims to forward the music education of young people in the Annapolis Valley area. We are recognized nationally in the choral community for the quality of our program, our pedagogy and performances.
Our AVHC goal is to is to deliver a complete choral education, nurture healthy developing voices, and achieve musical excellence - all while building a community of knowledgeable, thoughtful young musicians and caring, engaged citizens who will share in a life-long love of singing.
If you are interested please contact AVHC Board President Kim Sweet: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Board of the Annapolis Valley Honour Choir reserves the right to select the applicant most suited to the role.
Download AVHC Board Position: Marketing/Communications (PDF 2.2MB)